1 December, 2015 - NME.com
New Order have issued a statement following the recent news that ex-member Peter Hook is suing the band over royalties.
Yesterday (November 30), it emerged that Hook had filed a suit against "former friends" Bernard Sumner and Stephen and Gillian Morris, accusing them of setting up a new company without him to handle the band's income after he left the group. He claims to be owed £2.3 million. Judge David Cooke ruled that there should be a full trial.
Now, New Order have issued a statement to NME, saying: "Obviously the band are disappointed that Peter is pursuing this claim in this particular way. The reports so far take a number of things out of context. Peter still, for instance, receives his full share of all back catalogue royalties. This dispute relates only to the share of income he takes from our work without him since 2011."
"Not much more we can say as nothing has been decided by the Court on the facts other than he has a right to proceed with the claim, so this matter is still in play."
"We’re getting on with life and concentrating on touring and promoting our new album," they added.
New Order frontman Bernard Sumner recently said that the band's ongoing feud with ex-bassist Peter Hook is "getting boring".
Sumner told Rolling Stone: ''It's a real shame. My heart bleeds for him. He left the band, and then he complained about leaving the band. But I wish him good luck and that he gets on with what he's chosen to do instead of calling me all sorts of names. He's so angry. If you choose to take a path in life, don't blame other people for the path you've chosen to take ... it must be getting a bit boring for people. He did leave a bad taste in my mouth.''